About and projects is owned by me Thor Dyrbjerg Vestergaard Christiansen. I published the first content on this website back in 2011, when I still went to middle school and started to get interested in programming and design of websites. Afterwards I have used this website as a blog, where I have been writing about my experiences travelling and the projects that I have been working on.

Jumping to 2020, I am currently studying a BSc. in electrical engineering at theTechnical University of Denmark. I am on my 6. semester and specializing within robotics, programming and computer vision. I still 

Below you find a list of projects that I am currently working on!

2018: Audio Explorers by Oticon

During the spring of 2018, I participated in the annual competition Oticon Audio Explorers 2018, which is an engineering competition where students across Denmark are encouraged to solve one technial challenge related to hearing aids. 

One of the challenges in the Oticon Audio Explorers competition that year was to create a framework that would enhance the user experience of hearing aid users by making the interface more user-friendly. Due to the hearing aids compact size, only two buttons can be fitted onto the hearing aid. Consequently, the many advanced programs on the hearing aid as well as the volume control may be hard to navigate through.

Based on this, my group of fellow students from DTU Electrical Engineering developed a solution, where we incorporated an IMU to enhance the user experience by making it possible to navigate through the many advanced programs and control the volue by tilting the head (thereby activating the gyroscope in the IMU) and then using the buttons to select the different programs. Fx. one program could be used by tilting the head to the right and then using the two buttons on the hearing aid and another program could be figured with the same two buttons by tilting the head to the left. 

This simple idea proved so good that we were choosen to go to New York with Oticon for five days and visit the company's headquater in New York, visiting NYU and attending exciting lectures as well as seeing some of the tourist attractions like the Statue of Liberty in New York.

2019: Fagprojekt: Using collaborative robots to discover unknown areas

This project was made during the spring of 2019 as a part of my B.Sc. in electrical engineering. Here my study mate August and I made a program that could make two robots collaborate and explore an unknown area - In our case an unknown maze by using different sensors on board the robots such as a LIDAR, IR-sensors and wheel odometry. 

The robots were developed by DTU, so we only had to focus on the code and implement the software framework. The robots were socalled SMR (Small Mobile Robots) and they were programmed using DTU's own Motobotware framework and a python script that August and I developed.

2020: Bachelor of Science Project: Sensorbased navigation for drones - Currently working on this project

Every Bachelor-student at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is entitled to make a minor research project at the end of their bachelor degree within their line of study - In my case electrical engineering. 


Currently, I am doing a projec titled: Sensor Based Navigation for Drones. This project is about making a drone fly autonomously by using advanced control theory and the onboard sensors such as an IMU, a camera and a range finder, which is used to measure the height of the drone. We are trying to built a VO-pipeline using the camera, so we can use the IMU and the camera to give a pose estimate. By using a Kalman filter, we will attempt to get a precise pose estimate despite drift on the sensors.


We will use onboard sensors on the drone. We will however not use the built in GPS-sensor on the drone, as the GPS-sensor signal is not always available and therefore our project aims to make a framework that should also be able to make the drone fly in cities, where the GPS-signal might be very weak or in areas, where it might not be available at all.

Status so far:

Tuesday 14th of July 2020 - me and my fellow student August have made drone fly - we used however a manual controller.

Thursday 16th of July 2020 - During a test flight we unfortunately crashed our drone. This was a huge failure. Luckly, we only minor parts were damaged, but it has caused us to use the following days on restoring and rebuilding the drones for future test flights.

Tuesday 21th of July 2020 - On this day we have finished working on the hardware on the drone, so now we just need to work on the last parts of the controller and the VO-pipeline.

Thursday 23rd of July 2020 - I have been trying to parallelize much of my code in order to make it more efficient. This has not been an easy task, since many of the funcitons do not perform so well. Consequently, I have been forced to implement some of OpenCV's own functions, as the deadline of the project is coming up soon.

Thursday 30th of July 2020 - We are almost done with the VO-pipeline and the controller for the drone so we definitely expect to finish on time. I will soon post a video where you can see how the VO-pipeline works.

Goal of project: 

We hope to have a framework that can be used to make a quadcopter/drone fly autonomously. 

Deadline of project: 

August 10th 2020